Re: PostgreSQL and VB.net

Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and VB.net
Date: 2007-02-23 16:22:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Vishal Mailinglist wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have a program already working on LAMP architecture. Now since the
> business logic is in PostgreSQL. We were interested to build the
> front end on VB.net. Would like to know the readiness of PostgreSQL
> working with VB.net . Would appreciate If anyone can suggest any
> drivers, website and essential reading before I go for coding.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Vishal Kashyap.
> http://vishal.net.in <http://vishal.net.in/>
>
> !DSPAM:37,45df1256925171694816573!

Npgsql is now sufficiently stable for .NET 1.1 and 2.0 (I've personally
used it with VB.NET and C#.NET.)
I love it, it's a great interface and will be powering a couple of major
projects I've got coming up over the next couple of years.

Of course there are ODBC drivers too, but I'd advise to go with the a
native .NET class - and Npgsql should do you nicely!
The developers of Npgsql hang out on pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org so
could be worth dropping a question on there.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/npgsql

Andy.