Ruby on Rails for PostgreSQL

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "'PostgreSQL'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Ruby on Rails for PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-02-23 13:25:25
Lists: pgsql-general
Given the recent discussions of applications stacks, PHP & Ruby etc. it
seems an ideal time for me to introduce a project I've been working on.

StackBuilder is an extension of the Windows installer for PostgreSQL
that will allow the user to quickly and easily download and install
additional software to build the application stack they desire around
PostgreSQL. The project includes the StackBuilder wizard as well as a
toolkit for building application installers.

Whilst the StackBuilder itself is still in development, the first
application installer, pgRails, is available for manual download and
testing from http://pgfoundry.org/projects/stackbuilder/

pgRails is a distribution of Ruby, Rails, and the Ruby PostgreSQL
connector all preconfigured for use with PostgreSQL on Windows 2000 and
above.

I'd like to invite anyone who is interested to download and try it out,
and report any issues or problems using the project's trackers on pgFoundry.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-general by date