pg_hba.conf multiple auth_metods question

From: Gémes Géza <geza(at)kzsdabas(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_hba.conf multiple auth_metods question
Date: 2007-02-22 18:53:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have successfully deployed krb5 or pam (with pam_krb5) authentication
with my clients.
My question is: Can I use both in a failover fashion?
What I try to achieve: Users having kerberos tickets get authenticated
with the krb5 auth_metod, if they don't have the right ticket they get
prompted for their password, and get authenticated using pam.
The relevant part of my pg_hba.conf:
host    all         all          krb5
host    all         all          pam postgresql

What shall I change to have it working as expected. Currently only the
first line works (whatever I would put first).

Many thanks for your time and patience.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Marco BizzarriDate: 2007-02-22 20:47:37