Re: possible Bug in windows version ?

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: gpio Oxxce <gp_io_07(at)yahoo(dot)gr>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: possible Bug in windows version ?
Date: 2007-02-13 22:04:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
gpio Oxxce wrote:
> Hi all,
> After downloading and installing the latest Postgresql server
> (
> <>)
> I can not make it accept local IP connections!
> I edit the |pg_hba.conf |file with
> host   all all   trust
> but still I can't connect from to the DB.
> Also during the installation I checked the option "Accept TCP
> connections.." (or something like that)
> Am I missing something or it is a possible bug ?
> Thanks
> George

In putting in the above line did you replace the host line with address
""? If so, that's probably your problem - it needs the 127*
line. Is postmaster listening on the default port (5432) or did you
change that during install? (Can check that in the postgresql.conf file
in the same place as pg_hba.conf)

How are you trying to connect? (pgAdminIII, some other program using the
ODBC driver?) What error are you getting?

NB: I get access denied if I put my servers IP address into the
pg_hba.conf file and comment out the existing 127 address line. Local
connections would not go out through the network and would thus not be
seen by PG as coming from your 192/168 address.

Paul Lambert
Database Administrator