Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?
Date: 2007-02-05 20:11:58
Lists: pgsql-www

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> What I need is a non-public list for this, so that I can ask for web site
>> changes 3-4 days ahead without it becoming a news item.
>
> I think Dave's idea of -packagers works fine, there should be enough overlap.
>
> What we also need is a better way to update the mirrors in a timely manner.

I don't see how we can do that unless we persuade all the mirrors to
update more than once per day, which I doubt the larger ones will do.

I guess we could consider reducing the max age of a mirror when we
generate the selection pages - but that will mean mirrors will be
enabled and disabled at different parts of the day for a few hours at a
time.

/D