Re: JDBC and arrays

From: Russell Francis <rfrancis(at)ev(dot)net>
To: Miroslav Šulc <miroslav(dot)sulc(at)startnet(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC and arrays
Date: 2007-02-02 14:40:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Miroslav Šulc wrote:
> Thank you for explanation. If I still want to write inet[] data, is it
> sufficient to implement PGobject so it returns 'inet[]' type and '{
> "ip", "ip" }' value and pass that to setObject()?

I don't know if this will help you but awhile ago I implemented data
types for the JDBC driver for PGinet, PGmacaddr, PGcidr which have been
used successfully by a number of people including myself ;)  I would
still like to get them integrated into the driver but haven't had much
time to pursue it.  You can find the current version at

I have zero experience using them in an array but if you are using those
data types in PostgreSQL and using Java, the code might be useful to you.

Kind regards,