Re: How to allow users to log on only from my application not from pgadmin

From: Mark Walker <furface(at)omnicode(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to allow users to log on only from my application not from pgadmin
Date: 2007-02-01 02:54:15
Lists: pgsql-general
Oops, making a fool of myself again.  I don't think this is possible.
Code signing authentication works by comparing an application to a
digital signature that can't be generated without a password.  Since the
server doesn't have a copy of the application or signature, it won't
work.  Oh well, it sounded good.