Re: Any Plans for cross database queries on the same server?

From: Mark Walker <furface(at)omnicode(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Any Plans for cross database queries on the same server?
Date: 2007-01-31 20:41:29
Lists: pgsql-general
I used to have OOM killer problems with Tomcat, Apache's JSP server, but
not any more.  A new variable appeared in the config settings which had
to do with the maximum memory that Tomcat would use for itself, and I
think that may have been what fixed the problem.  Does Postgresql need
something like that?  It may be comparing apples and oranges because
Java is very funny about the way it uses memory.  It pretty much never
lets go of memory until it decides to invoke its trash collector which
if you decide to do just when the system tells you it's low on memory
can cause big problems.