Re: When an index and a constraint have the same name...

From: "Jason L(dot) Buberel" <jason(at)buberel(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: When an index and a constraint have the same name...
Date: 2007-01-31 06:11:28
Lists: pgsql-general
Thanks for taking a look Tom:

I am running postgres 8.1.4 on RedHet (CentOS) v4.0. Here is the
description of the purchase_record table (somewhat abbreviated with
uninvolved columns omitted):

# \d purchase_record
                              Table "public.purchase_record"
           Column           |  Type   |                     Modifiers
----------------------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------
 purchase_record_id         | bigint  | not null default 0
 report_specification_id    | bigint  |
    "pr_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (purchase_record_id)
    "fki_pr_rs" btree (report_specification_id)
Foreign-key constraints:
    "pr_rs" FOREIGN KEY (report_specification_id) REFERENCES
report_specification(report_specification_id) ON UPDATE RESTRICT ON
DELETE CASCADE

# \d report_specification
                           Table "public.report_specification"
         Column          |         Type          |               Modifiers
 report_specification_id | bigint                | not null
 report_template_id      | bigint                |
    "rs_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (report_specification_id)
    "fki_rs_rt_fkey" btree (report_template_id)

Regards,
Jason