Re: 10 weeks to feature freeze (Pending Work)

From: Rick Gigger <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 10 weeks to feature freeze (Pending Work)
Date: 2007-01-26 22:10:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I thought that the following todo item just barely missed 8.2:

"Allow a warm standby system to also allow read-only statements [pitr]
This is useful for checking PITR recovery."

I assume it's not on this list either because it is already complete and
slated for 8.3, or it is going to take too long to make it into 8.3 or
it has been rejected as a good idea entirely or it's just not big enough
of a priority for anyone to push for it to get into 8.3.

It is the one feature that would make the most difference to me as it
would allow me to very easily set up a server for reporting purposes
that could always be within minutes of the live data. I know there are
other solutions for this but if this feature is just around the corner
it would be my first choice.

Does anyone know the status of this feature?

Thanks,

Rick Gigger