Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Brian Hurt <bhurt(at)janestcapital(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0
Date: 2007-01-25 19:53:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 1/19/2007 12:32 PM, Brian Hurt wrote:
> Good comparison (for Postgres, anyways) from digg:
>
> http://blog.page2rss.com/2007/01/postgresql-vs-mysql-performance.html

I liked particularly this user comment:

"Now, the MySQL performance using the new techniques beats Postgres
performance using the old techniques."

So optimizing a crappy database for MySQL makes it faster than running
the crappy database on Postgres ... I never expected that one.

Jan

> match

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #