Re: VoIP recommendations

From: "Meredith L(dot) Patterson" <mlp(at)thesmartpolitenerd(dot)com>
Cc: SF PostgreSQL <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: VoIP recommendations
Date: 2007-01-19 02:11:44
Lists: sfpug
Reece Hart wrote
> I'm looking for reliable home-based VoIP, if it exists. As I intimated
> in the OP, the bar is pretty low with Vonage. (For example, rebooting
> the vonage router every other day would be an improvement.)

Which Vonage router do you have? I've been using one of their Motorola
models since I kicked my landline to the curb back in 2003, and have
been fairly satisfied (although interoperability has been less than I'd
expected; I've never been able to get it working over a
wireless-to-ethernet bridge through my PowerBook, for instance). I'm
wondering if maybe the box itself is bad.

Not terribly relevant if the customer service has gone to hell, of
course; I haven't actually needed to talk to them since 2003, and I
imagine with their rapid growth they haven't been able to keep up with
the (acceptable, and fairly polite) standard they had back then. It's a
shame.

--mlp