Re: VoIP recommendations

From: Eric Walstad <eric(at)ericwalstad(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: VoIP recommendations
Date: 2007-01-18 05:24:40
Lists: sfpug

Hey Reece,
Reece Hart wrote:
> sfpug folks-
>
> Does anyone have a voip service that they like? We've had Vonage for a
> year and have been extremely disappointed from the get-go. Siome of the
> problems might be our comcast cable, but many of the problems are
> independent of net connectivity (like complete voicemail outages and
> lousy customer service).

I've been happy with the VoIP service I get from Speakeasy. I ditched
AT&T completely in my office about 3 months ago and now use Speakeasy
for broadband and their VoIP service; the combination of VoIP services
and broadband was a better deal than what I could get from AT&T. So far
I've experienced no noticeable outages nor any other problems with their
VoIP service. My experiences with Speakeasy's support have been from
good to outstanding; real, clueful, humans have always been available
when I call.

I hope that helps,

Eric.