Connection Problem

From: Rich Rutkowski <innovapos(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connection Problem
Date: 2007-01-10 04:46:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hardware:  Acer 9300
CPU:  Dual Core Turion 64bit
OS:  Suse Linux 10.1 with all upgrades and running as 64 bit.
1 GB Ram
Both IPV4 and IPV6 are running on the system

JDBC Driver: postgres-8.2-504.jdbc3 (same problem with 8.1-405)
Server:  Postgres 8.1.5

The problem is that after 2 successful connections to a database and
retrival of data the driver throws the following  message:  "Something
unusual has occurred to cause the driver to fail.  Pleas report this
exception."  Note that the server doesn't complain only the driver.  If
the java application is restarted the same scenerio occurrs.

Both Postgres 8.1.5 and PG AdminIII wer built from source on this
system.  PGAdmin can contanct the local server and also contact other
servers in our development environment.  psql also works and serveral
databases have been created and at least 60 tables.  We have been using
postgresql for over 5 years and this is the first time we have seen the
problem.  Any guidance, comments, things to try, etc would be
appreciated.  Note that the application is packaged as a jar file and it
runs without problems on other systems.

Thanks,

Rich Rutkowski

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: vasylenkoDate: 2007-01-10 10:47:57