Re: Can't See Data - Plz Help!

To: Jeanna Geier <jgeier(at)apt-cafm(dot)com>
Cc: "Pgsql-Admin(at)Postgresql(dot)Org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't See Data - Plz Help!
Date: 2007-01-05 18:52:14
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi Jeanna,

Does pgAdmin give you back any error, like permission denied, or
anything like that?  Can you see all the properties of the table, such
as indexes, tables etc before you open it?
As it's happening on various PCs and versions of pgAdmin, I'd hazard a
guess that it's server-side, but I'm not sure.

Also have you tried any other client tools?  EMS do a good PGSQL Manager
for free (the "Lite" version) - and you could use that to determine if
the problem is with the server or the client application, a different
tool may also highlight an error that pgAdmin does not.  EMS is at
www.sqlmanager.net.

Might be worth asking on pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org as the
developers of pgAdmin can have a look-see too and might be able to
suggest other ideas.

Regards,

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834