Re: Driver Bug

From: Kris Jurka <jurka(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: John LH <johnlh(at)aquafold(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver Bug
Date: 2007-01-05 00:06:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

John LH wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I did some more detailed testing and found the
> following results ...
>
> 8.1.1 : On this it hangs
> 8.1.4 : On this version it throws this exception ...
>
> I am now thinking that this is a bug in the early builds of 8.1.x. This
> is sufficient for us, we will just upgrade and if anyone else has an
> issue with this specifically we will tell them to upgrade.

Checking the release notes:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-1-5.html

I believe it is covered by this entry:

Fix mishandling of AFTER triggers when query contains a SQL function
returning multiple rows (Tom)

The difference between a hang and a crash seems to be whether the
backend was compiled with --enable-cassert.