Re: 8.3 pending patch queue

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.3 pending patch queue
Date: 2007-01-04 14:09:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> I'm not clear about the difference between the unapplied patches list
> and the hold list. What is the significance of the two lists?

AIUI, the hold list is those patches providing new features that were
held over between 8.2 feature freeze and 8.2 branch. Since they have
been around for a while I think they have some claim to priority. The
other list is just the normal running list of such patches that Bruce keeps.

> There's a number of patches submitted to pgsql-patches that don't show
> up on either list.

That also happens. The only way I can see of ensuring it does not happen
would be to auto-process all patch submissions.

cheers

andrew