Re: pgstattuple TODO item

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgstattuple TODO item
Date: 2007-01-04 09:57:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> OK. I first chose to use a menu because executing pgstattuple on a big
> table (more than a gig) is really slow.

Hmm, OK. In that case, perhaps it should remain, and append the
additional data to the stats tab having selected, and populated it as
normal first. If the tab is already shown, then it can just append the
data of course.

I think 'Get extended statistics' or similar might be a better name for
the option though - best not to use the cryptic function name.

>> BTW; *if* it were to be done from the menu (which I don't think it
>> should), you would use executePgstattupleFactory::CheckEnable to hide
>> the option if HasFeature fails, as well as to show of hide it depending
>> on the selected object type.
>>

> I'll first get rid of the menu. I forgot to ask if I can add a hint
> about vacuuming if dead_rows_percent is way too high. Are you OK with
> this ?

Sure.

Regards, Dave