InitPostgres and flatfiles question

From: Markus Schiltknecht <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: InitPostgres and flatfiles question
Date: 2007-01-03 15:49:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've just run into a race condition with creating a database and
connecting to it immediately afterwards. I'm getting a "database %s not
found" error just after the first flatfiles check in InitPostgres().

What that FindMyDatabase() there does, besides checking if the database
exists, is getting the database and tablespace OIDs, right? Why does the
postmaster not pass those instead of the database name? What would be
the dangers of doing so? (Besides code different from standalone backend)?

Regards

Markus