Re: Backup Restore

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
Cc: Shoaib Mir <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backup Restore
Date: 2006-12-28 20:06:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Bob Pawley wrote:
> I'm not getting an error message. The restore utility just doesn't see
> the backup file. It's looking for a file *.backup which is there but
> noot seen.

It's a standard file dialogue as provided by your operating system. I
can't think of any reason it wouldn't see the file unless you are
looking in the wrong place.

> I am running a version that identifies itself as 1.6.2. I downloaded it
> a few weeks ago from the official site. Should I be using an earlier
> version??

You must have downloaded an SVN snapshot version. They are available on
the official site, but it's not easy to mistake them for actual release
versions.

Regards, Dave