Re: help with version checking

From: Chris Dunworth <cdunworth(at)earthcomber(dot)com>
To: arnaulist(at)andromeiberica(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help with version checking
Date: 2006-12-28 18:32:51
Lists: pgsql-sql
Can you do the whole thing inside a transaction context (both the
version check and the updates)? The exception should cause the
transaction to bail out, and the updates won't proceed.

Thus:

BEGIN;
SELECT check_version();
UPDATE agenda_version set version = '1.0.0.1' where id = 1;
COMMIT;

I tried it with your script and it seemed to work for me.

Hope this helps...

-chris