Re: help with version checking

From: Arnau <arnaulist(at)andromeiberica(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help with version checking
Date: 2006-12-28 18:14:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom Lane wrote:
> Arnau <arnaulist(at)andromeiberica(dot)com> writes:
>> I don't want, if it's possible, to create a function.
>
> Unlike Oracle, PG makes a strong distinction between SQL and
> programmable languages (including plpgsql). You can't write
> plpgsql code without putting it into a function.
>
> regards, tom lane

I've tried Daniel's suggestion but the Raise doesn't terminate the
script execution, so if doesn't do what I need. Notice the Update 1

arebassa(at)beowulf:~$ psql -d dermagier -f upgrade_agenda.sql
CREATE FUNCTION
psql:upgrade_agenda.sql:16: ERROR: This script needs Agenda version
1.0.0.0, detected version 1.0.0.1
UPDATE 1

--
Arnau