Re: Re : PG Admin on the command line = pg_dump

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re : PG Admin on the command line = pg_dump
Date: 2006-12-27 14:41:20
Lists: pgadmin-support

Laurent ROCHE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am puzzled why when I use pg_dump I get a script with INTEGER and SEQUENCE and when you (i.e. PG Admin) use pg_dump you get a script with SERIAL ?
>
> Do you pass extra undocumented options to pg_dump ?
> What version of pg_dump do you use in PG Admin III 1.6.1 ?
> (I have used 8.1 and 8.2 with the same results)

8.2 with 1.6.1, and no, there are no undocumented features I'm aware of.

Mind you, if you're thinking of the SQL it displays in the main window,
then that *is* generated by pgAdmin - it's the backup scripts that we
use pg_dump for. It often does thinks in different ways from what you
might expect to get round issues such as circular dependencies.

Regards, Dave.