Re: Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: "Marcos Alves T(dot) de Azevedo" <psylinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PgAdmin <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Localization of the Documentation into pt-BR
Date: 2006-12-21 16:13:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Marcos Alves T. de Azevedo a ecrit le 21/12/2006 16:55:
> Yes, I'm working on PgAdmin translation.
> Recently I submit the last version to Mr. Guillaume who removed my
> name from the header of the file and uploaded putting his own name.

Sorry, I didn't do it on purpose. At that time, I used poedit to check
how many strings were untranslated or fuzzy. And sometimes, I clicked on
the Save button... this put my name on many .po files. When I found
this, I stopped using poedit and used the gettext CLI tools instead.

Once again, sorry about this mistake. It really wasn't done on purpose.

> In Brasilian Portuguese, and I think that this occur in another
> languages as well, there is a many words the we cannot translate. So
> 77% of translation is a lot!
> Some words must be in english due the lack of meaning in our language!

You can put the english words in the translated part. We sometimes did
it for the french translation.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.