Re: Release 8.2.0 done, 8.3 development starts

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Kaare Rasmussen <kaare(at)jasonic(dot)dk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release 8.2.0 done, 8.3 development starts
Date: 2006-12-20 19:15:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> I'm not sure, but as far as I remember, it will be a short release cycle for
> 8.3 in order to finish some big items that couldn't be ready in time for 8.2.
>
> But which items are more or less expected for 8.3? I recall
> - Hierarchical Queries
> - On disk bitmap index
> - Clustered/replication solutions
>
> being discussed. What are on people's minds?

Items on my personal agenda for this time frame - all have been
previously discussed:

. notification payload messages
. fix permissions properly on custom GUC vars
. create a mechanism for plperl to load modules safely

I am committed to getting the first of these done to meet a businees
need. The last two will be best effort.

cheers

andrew