Re: time for PgAdmin IV ?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Marian POPESCU <softexpert(at)libertysurf(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: time for PgAdmin IV ?
Date: 2006-12-20 10:45:01
Lists: pgadmin-support

Marian POPESCU wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given the fact that it's such a pain to develop PgAdmin with wxWidgets, how
> about a GPLd library written in C++ and that offers the same base for
> Windows, Linux and Mac?
>
> I found by accident this link and is really amazing !
>
> http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/
>
> Please give it a try ...

Well the first problem is that it's GPL, which I will never use for an
app I release.

The first question though would be why do you think it's a pain to
develop with wxWidgets, and how would Juce solve those issues?

The second question would be something along the lines of 'where would
the thousands of hours required to rewrite it all again come from?'

Regards, Dave.