Database Architect/Developer Position near Boston, MA

From: Dave Pascoe <dave(at)ourstage(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Architect/Developer Position near Boston, MA
Date: 2006-12-14 21:00:31
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Senior Database Architect/Administrator - for immediate hire
Location: Chelmsford, MA

SELECT DISTINCT(guru) from boston_area WHERE
postgresql_skill > EXPERT and
guru_philosophy = ‘Open Source’;

OurStage is seeking an experienced database architect/administrator to
join our talented development team. We are looking for a database
architect/developer with PostgreSQL (preferred), Oracle, MySQL, or DB2
experience to help with data modeling, query design, database
programming, and performance tuning for our production PostgreSQL
databases. If you are an experienced DBA or systems administrator with a
passion for speed, quality, optimization, and making a real difference
in helping to deliver a cool web-based experience, we're looking for
you! This is a great opportunity for a qualified candidate to learn all
about Ruby on Rails.

OurStage Engineering is a small talented team with concrete skills,
using agile development methods - producing tangible results on regular
basis while working hard and having fun. Team members' skills and
creativity are respected and encouraged. We are a young, well funded,
company whose engineering team cranks out greatness during reasonable
work hours.

Requirements:
- Extensive data modeling, database programming, and database tuning
experience
- Experience with database capacity planning and monitoring
- Experience with database replication
- Performance tuning of large production databases in high traffic
environments
- Linux/Unix systems administration experience a plus (not a requirement)
- Capable of working and thriving in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work closely
with both developers and product managers

Compensation:
We happily pay full market salaries – commensurate with experience. In
addition, we offer all employees a meaningful stock option package as
well as all traditional benefits.

About OurStage
========================
OurStage, Inc., is a venture-funded consumer internet company, building
the world’s premier platform for online user-generated entertainment
content. The OurStage proprietary ranking engine gives the power to the
internet community to separate quality entertainment content from the
sea of mediocrity that exists online – offering immediate access to the
best content available for viewers and a genuine shot at fame and
fortune for the contributors.

Please respond to this posting with qualified resumes only - email
resumes to jobs <at> ourstage.com.

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: PratikDate: 2007-01-17 20:40:21