Re: GRANT RULE IN 8.2

From: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GRANT RULE IN 8.2
Date: 2006-12-12 00:23:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Prischepa Vladimir написа:
> PostgreSQL 8.2 / WIN XP
>
> When I execute sql with GRANT RULE statement.
> In sistem table "pg_class", field "relacl" don't change. Statament 'R' is not introduce in Access privileges. Another privileges work god.
>
> P.S. In 8.0 version all good !

Please, read the release notes for 8.2
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-2.html)

"Remove RULE permission for tables, for security reasons (Tom)

As of this release, only a table's owner can create or modify rules for
the table. For backwards compatibility, GRANT/REVOKE RULE is still
accepted, but it does nothing. "

--
Milen A. Radev