Re: pgagent linker problem

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgagent linker problem
Date: 2006-12-11 17:20:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> When I try make pgagent binary (Solaris 10/SS11/wx2.8rc3), linker does
>> not recognize some symbols:
>>
>> Undefined                       first referenced
>>  symbol                             in file
>> wxRadioButtonNameStr                connection.o
>> wxFileDialogNameStr                 connection.o
>> wxComboBoxNameStr                   connection.o
>> wxToolBarNameStr                    connection.o
>> <snip>
>>
>> If I look into Makefile, there is
>> pgagent_LDADD = -L/opt/wxWidgegets-2.8.0/lib -mt   -L/usr/openwin/lib
>> -lwx_baseud-2.8
>>
>> However missing symbols are located in the wx_gtk2ud_core-2.8. If I
>> added this library into pgagent_LDADD, it works fine.
>
> I just tried this before applying a fix, and found that I cannot
> reproduce it on Linux. Can you confirm that your wx installation is
> clean (ie. you don't have a mixture of rc1 and rc3 installed somehow),
> and that you see this error following a completely clean build of
> pgAdmin please?

I downloaded everything from web, unpack and build from scratch. I don't
have rc1 on my machine. I will recheck it on Wednesday together with
Dhanaraj problems.

There is wx configure:

  ./configure --prefix=/opt/wxWidgegets-2.8.0 --with-gtk --enable-gtk2
--enable-unicode --enable-mimetype=no --enable-debug

		Zdenek