Re: Crash closing loading table edit window

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crash closing loading table edit window
Date: 2006-12-05 09:45:35
Lists: pgadmin-support
Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com wrote:

> PgAdmin 1.6.0
> Windows XP (current SP/fixes)
> postgresql 8.1.3  (also 7.x)
>
> To recreate:
>         Highlight a table in the server browser.  Choose a table that
> will take a while to load in the table edit view.
>         Be sure View All is selected in the options.
>         Click on the edit table button (unfiltered).
>         While the table is still loading, click the Close button on the
> edit tabe window.
>         It crashes every time for me.

I cannot reproduce this in the 1.6, or 1.7 code branches. When I click
close (either the button on the top right, or from the menu), I briefly
see 'aborting...' in the status bar, then the Window closes. I've run
this maybe a dozen times once after the other on a 160K row table with
no problems.

Is there anything unusual about your table? Does it happen with every
table you try?

> BTW, I tried running the 1.6.1 .msi so I could check it with the latest
> version, but after running it, PgAdmin still shows version 1.6.0.  Did I
> miss something?

Where did you get 1.6.0? If it came bundled with a beta of PostgreSQL,
then the pgAdmin installer cannot upgrade it. If you're upgrading a
standalone pgAdmin install, make sure you run upgrade.bat, not just the
msi file.

Regards, Dave.