Re: Locking on PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:256)

From: Marcin Waldowski <M(dot)Waldowski(at)sulechow(dot)net>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Locking on PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:256)
Date: 2006-12-01 21:55:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I don't know a protocol yet, but perhaps it is possible to detect such
problem with PostgreSQL database and throw SQLException. In this way
stablity of Postgresql jdbc driver will be independent from stability of
PostgreSQL (jdbc will not hang). If you tell me that it is possible and
worth doing then I will try to find a solution and make a patch.

Marcin Waldowski