Notify enhancement

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Notify enhancement
Date: 2006-11-30 23:08:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus asked me recently what cool things I would be working on
now. I have just received the go ahead to work on this TODO item for the
next release:

  Add optional textual message to NOTIFY

  This would allow an informational message to be added to the notify
message, perhaps indicating the row modified or other custom information.