Re: pgadmin3-1.6.0 - Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dhanaraj M <Dhanaraj(dot)M(at)sun(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3-1.6.0 - Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
Date: 2006-11-30 09:13:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dhanaraj M wrote:
> 1. The same problem still exists. I ran the test in x86 machine (gcc
> compiler) and attach the  stack trace here
 >
> bash-3.00# pstack core
> core 'core' of 16270:   /usr/local/pgadmin3/bin/pgadmin3
> -----------------  lwp# 1 / thread# 1  --------------------
> 08159938 _ZN19dlgSelectConnection2GoEP6pgConnP14ctlComboBoxFix (80462a0,
> 8d76098, 8f35dc8, 8eac160) + 100
> 081d284b _ZN8frmQuery18OnChangeConnectionER14wxCommandEvent (8eac160,
> 80465f0, fe8bcc80, fe7649e3) + 147

I'm confused - you said this happens when you close the query window,
but the stack trace shows frmQuery::OnChangeConnection(wxCommandEvent)

 >> Do you want to save-> NO
 >> Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Is that the right core file? If so, can you detail the exact steps you
take to get to the crash, because I can't provoke a crash even playing
with the connection select dialogue (though I am running on wxGTK/Linux
rather than wxGTK/Solaris).

One other thing - are you building with --enable-debug? That might help
get more meaningful debug output.

> 2. When I right click on a table and select view data, it aborts. The
> stack trace is here.

I cannot reproduce this either. Do you have permission to view that
particular table? Does it only occur with specific tables?

Regards, Dave.