Re: do i need to change the jar in case of new PostgreSQL installation

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "surabhi(dot)ahuja" <surabhi(dot)ahuja(at)iiitb(dot)ac(dot)in>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: do i need to change the jar in case of new PostgreSQL installation
Date: 2006-11-29 16:00:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
surabhi.ahuja wrote:
>  I have been using Postgres 8.0.0 on my mc
> for which i used the following jar:
>  postgresql-8.0-310.jdbc3.jar
>
> now i will be going for Postgres8.1.5 , 64 bit server
>
> Is it ok if I countinue using the same jar?

It should work, though it's usually a good idea to use the latest driver.

> Why i am asking is this: I have noticed a decrease in the databasae operations like delete.

Do you mean that you're getting less performance with a newer JDBC
driver version, doing a delete operation, than with the older 8.0-310
version? Or that you're upgrading you're server to 8.1.5 for better
performance?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas