Re: release for 8.2

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Dave Cramer" <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>,"List" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: release for 8.2
Date: 2006-11-29 14:02:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:

> On 28-Nov-06, at 10:17 PM, Kris Jurka wrote:
>
>> If you or Oliver could review the XA patches that would be greatly
>> appreciated.  I really haven't had the time to keep up with all of
>> intricacies of JTA.
>
> I can review others, however the subtleties of JTA are lost on me as
> well. I can review it for general java code but as far as how it
> interacts with XA I'm afraid I'm at a loss.

The "XA end then join" patch looks good to me (ok, I wrote it based on
Jan de Vissers original patch), but AFAIK no-one has tested it on
WebLogic to confirm that it fixes the original problem. Anyone with
WebLogic installed to test?

The XA autocommit patch looks good to me as well.

For reference, here are the XA patches we're talking about:

XA end then join:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-10/msg00011.php

XA autocommit:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-10/msg00043.php

Even if we don't get any testing done on these, I'd suggest committing
them to 8.2 driver anyway. At least they don't seem to break anything.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas