Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and

From: "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and
Date: 2006-11-28 18:16:13
Lists: pgadmin-support
On 28 Nov 2006 at 9:42, novnov wrote:

> I will resort to ininstalling pgsql and reinstalling. I have to say
> that this aspect of pgsql is rather difficult to work with. Starting
> with why cube and g_cube modules are included by default and ending
> with the difficulty of manipulating template1...it could be easier for
> newbies.

Are you using the Windows installer? If so, when you come to the
screen that asks you what modules you want included by default, make
sure that none of the check boxes are checked. If you need a specific
module, you can always add it afterwards by running the necessary sql
script.

What version of PostgreSQL are you using?

> Would it be possible in a future release of pgAdmin that access to
> these settings can be adjusted?

The contrib modules are a PostgreSQL feature, not pgAdmin.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie