Re: How to install pgAgent

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <ezequias(dot)rocha(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to install pgAgent
Date: 2006-11-27 09:31:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
>> Hi Dave and hackers,
>>
>> I would like to install pgagent on my linux machine (I have a Server
>> on linux and my administration is on windows).
>>
>> I looked for pgAgent and found it on linux installation
>> http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/slackware/
>>
>> I just put it on my linux machine and try to see if it's ok but
>> notthing done.
>>
>> [root(at)linux1 bin]# ./pgagent
>> ./pgagent: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>> [root(at)linux1 bin]#
>>
>> My postgresql must be installed without this contrib (does it is a
>> contrib ?)
>
> Hmm - it looks like pgAgent isn't static linking when it should do :-(.

Correction - the snapshot build wasn't clearing out old pgagent builds,
and because no changes had been made to the source since a dynamic build
was run in the same tree, it wasn't recompiling pgagent.

I've fixed the snapshot script to cleanup properly before it starts, and
regenerated a snapshot with a statically linked pgagent - get it from
http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/slackware/pgadmin3-20061127.tgz

Of course, I can't guarantee there won't be other issues if your not
running an up to date Slackware.

Regards, Dave.