Hello World

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hello World
Date: 2006-11-21 06:00:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

first of all I'll have to confess I don't know next to nothing at all
about JAVA, yet.
On the other hand I'm not exactly new to programming nor PostgreSQL either.

Is there a "Hello World" level sample for jdbc with PG?

Lets suppose I allready have a running PG with a db db_test that has a
few tables among which there is tbl_test in schema s.
The db-server might be 192.168.0.100.
User could be "user1" with password "pw1".

What would be minimally needed to connect to db_test and read the
content of tbl_test to the console and logg off from PG.

I'd prefer a complete sample code that could be dumped through javac.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Pablo AraujoDate: 2006-11-21 07:29:22