Re: replication docs: split single vs. multi-master

From: Markus Schiltknecht <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: replication docs: split single vs. multi-master
Date: 2006-11-16 22:02:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am now attaching the additional text I added based on your comments.
> I have also changed the markup so all the solutions appear on the same
> web page. I think seeing it all together might give us new ideas for
> improvement.

Good, it's definitely better to have it all on one page.

I just thought about the words 'master' and 'slave', which are
admittedly quite unfortunate. I remember reading about efforts to remove
them from geek-speech. They proposed to introduce better names. At least
with the old IDE drives, master- and slave-drives seem to disappear now...

Regards

Markus