1.6 Branched - ready for 1.7?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>, George Pavlov <gpavlov(at)mynewplace(dot)com>, Harald Armin Massa <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>
Subject: 1.6 Branched - ready for 1.7?
Date: 2006-11-16 08:54:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
I meant to mail the list yesterday but unfortunately ran out of time -
1.6 has now been branched in SVN and can be found at
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/REL-1_6_0_PATCHES/pgadmin3/

The version number in trunk has now been bumped to 1.7, so new
development work can begin :-).

I'd like to thank everyone who has been involved in this release:

- The developers; most notably Magnus Hagander and Edward Di Geronimo
Jr. for the major new features and changes they added during the cycle,
and Miha Radej for lots of  smaller, but equally important tweaks and
bug fixes.

- The translators; particularly Guillaume Lelarge who successfully took
on the difficult role of translation manager.

- The testers; everyone who tested the development code, but in
particular George Pavlov, Harald Armin Massa and Erwin Brandstetter who
helped track down and eliminate all manner of obscure bugs before
release (and unfortunately a couple after!).

As you may have seen from my proposed roadmap, I expect the next major
release (which will be roughly 6 months from now) to be primarily one
for refinements than major new features - I hope we can continue to make
pgAdmin the first and only real choice for PostgreSQL tools!

Regards, Dave.

--
Dave Page
pgAdmin Project Lead