unexpected EOF within message length word

From: Bryce Nesbitt <bryce1(at)obviously(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: unexpected EOF within message length word
Date: 2006-11-15 03:06:34
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm having trouble getting the Windows ODBC drivers to work. They used
to work, but it's been 6 months or so on this particular setup.

I have both the PostgresSQL ODBC driver 8.00.01.02 and the ODBC+ driver
version 1.00.01.00. Both give "Error 101" on the Windows side, and
"LOG: unexpected EOF within message length word" on the
/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log side. The server side is now PostgreSQL
8.1.4 (it was upgraded in the meantime).

I tried to upgrade to ODBC 08.02.02, but the install script was funky -- and
"uninstall" from the windows installer is ghosted out.

I've had trouble sorting out just which ODBC driver or website is
current, this may be part of the battle. Any clues? Is there a way to
get a "test connection" functionality, similar to the MySQL ODBC driver?

-Bryce Nesbitt

--
----
Visit http://www.obviously.com/