Re: The support pages on postgresql.org

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The support pages on postgresql.org
Date: 2006-11-09 20:04:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Ron,

> * Is there any reason why Sun is not on the North America support
>   page [1].  It seems from the Nov 2005 press release [2] that
>   they do provide support.  Did they stop doing this?  If they
>   still do, can we ask someone from Sun to get themselves added
>   to this page.

Ooops, my fault.  Must fix ....

> * Fujitsu is listed in the Oceania page [3] and Asia page [5].
>   Considering their large international presence -- they alone
>   almost certainly have a bigger IT support staff in North
>   America than all the organizations listed on the North
>   America page[1] -- would it be reasonable to list them
>   on all the continent's support pages?

No, because Fujitsu is ONLY offering PostgreSQL support in Oceania and
Asia.  You cannot buy support in the US.

> * Does Red Hat or any of the other big Linux distributors
>   provide postgresql support in North America?    Could
>   they be added to the North America support page[1]?

Well, RH only sells PostgreSQL support in association with their JBOSS
stack.  However, it's high time that I make an official marketing
contact at RH, so this is a call for me to do so.

Thanks so much for being a watchdog on this!

--Josh