WIP 2 interpreters for plperl

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WIP 2 interpreters for plperl
Date: 2006-11-05 21:14:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

I have made some progress with what I think is needed to have two
interpreters for plperl. This is a lot harder than the pltcl case for
two reasons: 1. there are no restrictions on having 2 tcl interpreters,
and 2. tcl does not need to save and restore context as we have to do
with perl. I think I have a conceptual siolution to these two problems,
but what I have is currently segfaulting somewhat myteriously. Tracing a
dynamically loaded library in a postgres backend with a debugger is less
than fun, too. I am attaching what I currently have, liberally sprinkled
with elog(NOTICE) calls as trace writes.

I need to get some other work done today too, so I will return to this
later if I can. In the meanwhile, if anybody cares to cast a fresh set
of eyeballs over this, please do.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size