using a SSL connection via WebStart

From: William Harris <boggy(at)dineco(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: using a SSL connection via WebStart
Date: 2006-11-04 21:07:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Anyone got this to work?

I can open a SSL connection to my database fine from Java, so long as I
add my certificate to my Java runtime from the command line. However, I
can not get it to work from a WebStart application at all.

I go into the Java Control in the Windows Control Panel and add my
certificate there, this work fine. But when I try and run the webstart
application it always complains it can't find the certificate. If I look
at which VM webstart is using, and then go to the command line and add
the certificate to that VM at the command line, then run the application
it works.

This is obviously not practical for a normal webstart application user.
How do I do this via webstart?