Re: [pgsql-jdbc] dollar-quoted CREATE FUNCTION statement fails

From: Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-jdbc] dollar-quoted CREATE FUNCTION statement fails
Date: 2006-10-30 08:09:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Michael Paesold wrote:
>
>> I thought I'd keep you posted on my progress. Here is an updated
>> work-in-progress patch implementing dollar-quotes, -- and /* */ quotes
>> (also with SQL compliant nesting, i.e. /* /* */ */). It replaces my
>> last one.
>
> This looks good to me.  Have you done anything further?

Yeah, I have started extracting the code for parsing specific parts of the
query (single-quotes, dollar-quotes, comments, etc.) into a separate class
so the code can be reused in the V2Query code. I was also looking at
supporting standard_conforming_strings as a patch on top of that work.

> Sharing would be good, but I agree there's no easy way for that to
> work.  Copying should be OK.

We will see shortly, if it works. I am going to post a new patch in the
next two days. Soon enough?

Best Regards
Michael Paesold