monitoring free space map usage without VACUUM

From: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: monitoring free space map usage without VACUUM
Date: 2008-01-14 16:13:03
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I'm looking into adding things to the way I monitor pgsql
installations. One of them was free space map stuff. Is there a way to
get free space information (especially used free space) without having
to screen-scrape the output of VACUUM VERBOSE? I know you can get the
allocated fsm pages from "show max_fsm_pages", but I'd like something
along the lines of "show needed_fsm_pages". Is there anything that can
do this? i don't care if the data is a little stale, I'd just like to
have a rough picture of free space map settings and usage.

Peter

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Thomas KarcherDate: 2008-01-14 16:19:18