Re: Postgresql pg_dumpall

From: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Suresh Gupta VG" <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql pg_dumpall
Date: 2007-11-03 23:39:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Suresh, you should Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org in case I don't know or
someone else can help you sooner.

I am using on prod server with psql version : psql 7.4.2

> In another test server the version of psql is : Portions Copyright (c)
> 1996-2003, (could not get version)

You should figure out what version you're running. You can run psql
--version in a terminal to figure that out. Make sure you're running the
latest revision of whatever major version you choose (8.2.5, for instance).

> I could run this command on test server but couldn't run on prod server.
> May I have some help? Where commercelink is my database name. We use to
> enter into database like this "psql commercelink".

pg_dumpall dumps an entire database cluster, not just a database. Either
omit the database name or use pg_dump instead of pg_dumpall.

Peter