postgres benchmarking

From: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres benchmarking
Date: 2007-06-26 19:46:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I checked in the docs and forums and couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so
I figured I'd ask around here. Are there any good programs (specifically
portable ones) for doing fairly intense benchmarking of postgres?

Mostly, I'm interested in getting performance numbers from different
hardware configurations (32-bit vs. 64-bit, different disk systems). I'm
building some new servers and I'd like to see if it's really worth it to
splurge a little for faster disks.

Thanks,
Peter