Postgres Perl Module and Kerberos problem on Solaris

From: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres Perl Module and Kerberos problem on Solaris
Date: 2007-03-23 22:03:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I understand that this is probably outside the realm of Postgres itself, so
if no one has a really good definite answer, that's fine. Still, I thought
I'd fish for information and see if anyone else has run into this problem.
I've already made a bug report to the DBD::Pg folks.

The problem is that the Perl Module (DBD::Pg) runs into a broken assert on
Solaris (5.8 for anyone wondering). Message:

Assertion failed: (&(&_m->os)->n)->initialized ==
K5_MUTEX_DEBUG_INITIALIZED, file
../../../krb5-1.5.1/src/util/support/threads.c,
line 388
/local.gazoo/convertdata[4]: 5487 Abort(coredump)

I only get this message on Solaris, not on Linux, and only for perl scripts,
not for included programs, like vacuumdb. Even weirder, the assert only
seems to happen at the end of the script. All the database actions work
fine, and then (probably on a disconnection or a script exit) the assert is
broken.

I'm running Postgres 8.2 (the server is running under CentOS 4.4 Linux),
DBD::Pg 1.49, and Kerberos5 1.5.1 for anyone who's interested.

In the meantime, I've recompiled the module against postgres libraries
linked against old kerberos libraries. It's ugly, but it works.

If anyone has any info or cleaner fixes, it would be greatly appreciated. I
do realize that I may be barking up the wrong tree, so if you don't have any
info, that's OK too.

Peter