preBeta4 - more results

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: preBeta4 - more results
Date: 2006-10-26 01:03:23
Lists: pgadmin-support
I've been testing pgAdmin III Beta 3 (Oct 23 2006, re: 5508:5517) on
Windows XP (latest patch level).
RDBMS is PG 8.1.4 on a remote debian sarge server. (PG from
backports.org). Today from a different client machine "inhouse",
connection via plain TCP/IP.

The last two days have been the smoothest experience by far since I've
started beta-testing 3 weeks ago. Some minor glitches with the
parenthesis-highlightening feature (what do you call it?). It can be
fooled by parenthesis in strings sometimes. And sometimes it gets stuck
on an lonely open bracket and will not do a thing until a match has been
entered. Maybe that is even by design? Apart from that, it is very
useful most of the time!

I haven't tried anything fancy though. Straight work: browser, SQL
dialogue window, edit grid, query grid, searching, editing properties, ...
Still, not a single crash. Nothing stuck. Dave has fixed most of the
stuff I have reported.
Progress has clearly been made! Good work!

Regards
Erwin

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Christophe ChauvetDate: 2006-10-26 06:43:13